Dear Adult Patient/ Parent of our little patients
Please postpone your appointment if:
- you have had the following symptoms in the last 14 days: fever, cough, difficulty breathing
- you or your family members traveled recently to communities with high numbers of infected patients
- you have been in the presence of someone with known COVID-19 in the last 2-14 days
- Adult patients should visit the clinic on their own.
- Children should be accompanied by one adult only.
What to expect when you arrive at the Hospital
- When you arrive in the hospital, please park the car and inform us that you have arrived. We will call you when we are ready to see you.
- Temperature will be checked and symptoms of COVID-19 asked at the hospital entrance.
- Please sanitize your hands. Hand sanitizer has been made available by the Hospital
- Please avoid the use of pens in the clinic.
- Patches will be provided to the parent if vision is required to be done monocularly. Otherwise older children and adults can cover the eye with their own hand
- Should your child need drops instilled, we will give the drops to the parent to instill
- Kindly pay via mpesa/credit card if possible. Cash payments will still be acceptable. We are trying to avoid cash handling.
- Please maintain 1.5m distance at all times between yourselves and our staff
- There will be no toy area accessible in the clinic
For your safety
- our Reception and Clinical staff will have their temperature and symptoms checked daily before reporting to work
- our Reception staff will be wearing surgical face masks and wash their hands regularly with soap and water
- We will only call you to come up to the clinic when the Optometrist is ready to see you
- Our clinical staff will be wearing a face shield, surgical mask and gloves when examining. Gloves will be changed after each patient is seen
- Eye drops will not be instilled by our staff
- All surfaces and equipment will be cleaned with disinfectant before and after every patient
- Spectacle frames will be washed with disinfectant before trying
- We have installed breath shields on every slit-lamps and diagnostic instruments
- We have staggered our appointments so that we can maintain physical distancing in our clinic
- We will endeavor to complete all clinical, sales and payment processes as quickly as possible.
- We will endeavor to speak as little as we can during the consultation, especially when using instruments when in close proximity of the patients face.